Sustainable Long-Term Value
Orca’s business strategy is focused on growing a sustainable integrated gas business in Africa. The Company recognizes that we share close interactions with the natural environment and society and with this comes an obligation and responsibility for sound management of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) matters.
Our goal is to create long-term sustainable and accretive value for our employees, local communities and investors whilst assisting in the transition to a lower carbon future. This ‘whole of society’ approach is shared by the Tanzanian government as they adopt the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Orca, through the provision of improved infrastructure and alternative energy supplies, is directly contributing to these goals and will continue to work with our stakeholders to deliver sustainable outcomes for the future.
We are committed to continual improvement and as part of our Corporate Responsibility goals for 2020 we will:
- Further develop our CR strategy in accordance with international standards and good practice;
- Further define our areas of focus, objectives and targets; and
- Improve the visibility of reporting and communications.
We acknowledge that with innovation and new infrastructure comes not only economic prosperity and opportunity, but also a responsibility to safety govern and protect our people and environment.
In 2020, whilst pursuing the above Corporate Responsibility goals, we will focus on delivering value in three areas;
- Business, Governance and Economic, including how we operate responsibly;
- Social, including our workforce, partners, communities and wider society; and
- Environment, including our natural resources, our day to day interactions and impact of operations.