Committed to operate in a sustainable and responsible way
Governance at Orca
The Company is committed to operate in a sustainable and responsible way. Both the Board and the Management Team recognize that the Company’s success is enhanced by being a good corporate citizen within Tanzania. Sound governance is a fundamental principle within the Company. We work to ensure that we are following best practice throughout all of our activities.
We strive to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct, reporting results with accuracy and transparency and maintaining full compliance with the laws, rules and regulations that govern the business. Our governance structure, policies and processes aid employee, customer and community needs, promoting a culture of accountability and ethical conduct across the organization.
We ensure that we support our commitment to address global challenges
Our Board committees play a critical role in providing oversight to ensure responsible business practices. The Company maintains an active dialogue with employees, communicating key corporate objectives and soliciting comments and feedback on ways to improve operations and workplace conditions.
How we manage our company
Provides independent oversight that ensures the integrity of the business
Provides the Company with strategic direction
Responsible for monitoring risk management framework for the Company
Responsible for managing the Company’s core operations at the Songo Songo field
Delivering value for all stakeholders
Ensure the successful implementation of the Company’s corporate strategy
Committee roles & responsibilities
Audit and Risk Committee
- Responsible for providing oversight of the financial reporting process
- Provide independent assessment of audit process
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Responsible for overseeing the management of internal controls and risk management
- Ensures realistic and achievable ESG principles are adopted
- Provides guidance for the implementation of ESG principles
- Provides a systems check on safety, environmental and governance associated risks
- Reviews and decides the overall remuneration of Executive Management and other key employees
- Reviews the Company’s procedures to ensure that disclosure of reserves complies with security regulation
- Meets with the independent reserves evaluator to determine there have been no restrictions placed by management on the ability to report the reserves and associated valuations
- Ensure oversight of the Songo Songo gas field reserves and to review associated reservoir and technical risk associated with extraction of reserves and the ability to report the reserves and associated valuations
Recognizing our duty
We recognize our duty to provide a safe working environment for our employees, and to ensure physical wellbeing we have health and safety guidelines, contained within our Employee Handbook, which applies to all employees, temporary workers, contractors, and consultants. We conduct a variety of training programs to inform our employees on key topics such as Emergency Preparedness and Response, as well as Health and Safety.
Monitoring our assets
As part of our efforts to ensure physical safety, we also monitor our asset for any unsafe operating conditions. If an unsafe operating condition is identified, we immediately take necessary action to remedy the situation, thus proactively aiming to prevent any incidents from occurring that could potentially result in employee injuries or fatalities. We regular monitor these statistics and provide transparency around any incidents that may occur.
Number of employees trained on occupational health and safety
We are very proud of our track record and our 2021 statistics